Sunday, September 30, 2007

Road Trip!

I got back to Gulfport a few days ago but I am off again. Tomorrow I fly home to Seattle for a few days, then my great friend Cassandra and I are leaving to go on the best road trip of life from Seattle to Mississippi! It's going to be insane but I couldn't ask for better company. I need to get my car down to Mississippi so here we go. Cassandra and I were roommates in Mississippi last summer and we turned in instant life-long friends and adventure buddies. We also both love Mississippi!

Our first group of volunteers came into Orange Grove tonight, it's great to have volunteers here and to start getting out and rebuilding homes. The group that came in tonight is from Georgia and there's another group coming in tomorrow from Florida. Unfortunately I won't be here for most of the time that these groups will be here. It's bitter-sweet, it will be good to see my family and friends at home but I am ready to just be living in Mississippi without traveling every few days.

Prayer Requests:

-Safe travels on the road

-For the volunteer groups and our staff this week - specifically safety, productivity, and that the volunteers would have a great time and see God in this place


Cassandra and I last summer frolicking in an amazing downpour in good 'ol Mississippi!


And this is one of the many reasons I love Mississippi, gorgeous!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Enjoy the road! Can't wait for you to get back to camp. Bring us some Fat Tire if you see any along the way....

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a really ridiculously rad road-trip.

like that alliteration ;)