Sunday, September 30, 2007

Ghost Ranch, NM

I'm back in Mississippi from the national orientation I went to in New Mexico. It was a good week, but I am happy to be back in the south. The place we were in New Mexico is up in the mountains and unfortunately I got altitude sickness...no fun! I have never had any problems with altitude sickness before and I have spent a fair amount of time up in the mountains and at high elevations. But I am ok and happy to be back at sea level. The one thing I am very grateful for is the support around me when I wasn't feeling well. The people I was with were very loving and took care of me even though I haven't known any of them for more than a few weeks.

New Mexico is beautiful though and there were some pretty cool hiking trails where we were. Thankfully I felt fine the first day or so and had the opportunity to do some hiking, hooray! I also met some very cool people who are in the same program I am but they are placed all over the U.S. Here are some sweet pics from our hike to Kitchen Mesa.


Andy and Leanna hiking up on the right


We hiked/climbed up the middle of that crevasse :)


View from the top of the mesa


Ghost Ranch (where we were staying) is the grassy field below us

No comments: