Saturday, September 22, 2007

Building Pods

Good news, the tropical storm that was headed our way fizzled out so it looks like the worst we'll get is a couple inches of rain and some minor storms. That means we didn't have to drive to New Mexico and we're flying out tomorrow morning instead, yes!

This week I helped build pods in the volunteer villages in Mississippi. The pods are what the volunteers who come down for a week or so at a time sleep in. I'm tired, but it was a great week. I worked hard and got to know the people I'll be working with for most of the year. I think I'm going to fit in great in Gulfport.


Becca and I working on building pods. Becca and I will be co-managing the volunteer village in Gulfport together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm making this short even though your mom says it's easy.

I'm proud of you and so excited to see how you put your faith into action. You certainly responded to God's call and he's been faithful thus far.

All is well here; we're lookingforward to our time in hawaii with your folks. I wish i could call it a mssion trip, but God calls us to rest as well, right?

I'll write more later. Love, Carol