Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dan and I are ENGAGED!!!



Last Monday Dan and I got engaged! He totally surprised me. We were just having a typical Monday night hanging out at the apartment. We started talking and Dan was being extra sweet without making any goofy comments like he usually does. Then I was like "What are you doing on the floor?" as he got down on one knee, I was obviously oblivious. Then he pulled out the ring and asked me to marry him! I said yes, of course, after freaking out for a few minutes :)

Later I found out that Dan had left a message for my Dad on the Friday before. But my dad had left his cell phone off all weekend, so Dan was left sweating it out all weekend thinking my dad was possibly disapproving or something. Well of course that's not the case and my dad called Dan back on Monday. Dan told me he knew he couldn't wait until the next weekend again so he decided Monday was just as good as any other night. I think it's cute that he just couldn't wait to ask me and he surprised me much more than if we went out to fancy dinner or something because I probably would have been suspecting.

I feel so lucky to have found such an amazing man. Dan treats me so well and we are both so happy together. Now for all the wedding planning... At this point we basically don't know any details about when,where, etc. so we will let you know when the details start to be determined.

Here are a couple of pictures of the ring. It's gorgeous, Dan did an amazing job picking it out!



4 comments:

Shannon said...

congrats! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to meet Dan!

Durr Family said...

My mom had told me the good news, and I'm so excited for you. What a beautiful ring. Good job, Dan. I look forward to meeting you! Congrats!

Stacie296 said...

Woo hoo!! I was anxiously awaiting this post. Gorgeous couple, gorgeous ring. And as you know, anyone who can make me a good margarita is pretty awesome in my book. Congratulations you two!! Love you.

Charlene said...

Oh my Kaitlyn. That is very exciting! Congratulations. When is the wedding?