Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Road Trip Continued

After we left the Grand Canyon we drove to New Mexico and stayed with my brother in Sante Fe. Then as we were driving out of New Mexico towards Texas we saw about 5 to 10 tarantulas on the road! It was insane! The first one Cassandra accidentally ran over but then we kept seeing more as we were driving. PJ insisted on stopping even though I was strongly protesting. He caught one in his camera case and attempted to smuggle it into the car with us, but I pretty much freaked out and we locked him out of the car until he let it go. My heart was beating so fast, I am not a fan of spiders, especially tarantulas! It was pretty ridiculous but quite a story.


The tarantula, ick!


PJ catching the tarantula


Cassandra and I at Turner Falls, Oklahoma. I was very impressed by Oklahoma, it's pretty. And there was a Big Foot researcher where we camped in Oklahoma, such good times.


PJ enjoying the view


We hiked along a little trail up to this creepy but cool cave!


Our last stop was in Wesson, Mississippi. Cassandra has a friend who owns a dairy farm, so we woke up in the morning and helped feed the calves. Cassandra even named a couple of the calves.

3 comments:

Stacie296 said...

Kaitlyn - It's so fun to keep up on your life this way. What an adventure God has you on! Keep plugging along, you little faithful servant, you. God will continue to bless your life as you seek to obey him. Much love, Stacie

catherine said...

SICK. I am so glad I was not you when you saw the tarantulas.

But, other than that, it's great to read about your adventures and see pictures too!

Becca said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun!